Authors are invited to submit manuscripts regarding original research and recent developments as well as position and strategic papers in the remit of the Symposium.
All accepted abstracts will be given presentation or poster slot.
The submitted abstracts must be camera-ready and formatted according to the BSC-IDS rules (see template) and not exceeding the max length. Submission implies the willingness of the main author to register and present the talk/poster.
How to Submit
- For the Extended Abstract, please use the BSC-IDS format (2 or less pages, approx. 800 words) including references, diagrams and illustrations). The abstract should have as a main author a PhD candidate or Post Doc researcher and no more than 3 authors, including the applicant’s main supervisor. Link to Extended abstract template in MS Word and LaTex is below. Please create a PDF file and upload it.
- Include your short bio with recent photo at the end of the Extended Abstract as per the template.
- Please take the time to carefully spell check your paper and bio.
- Fill in the registration form. Please indicate if you would like to present a paper or a poster
The 2017 call for submission is now closed.
The selection results will be announced on 7th of April and the camera ready submission deadline is 20th of April.
Requirements for the Extended Research Abstract
Your Abstract should contain:
- Your name, affiliation and e-mail address
- Your supervisor’s name, affiliation and e-mail address
- If there are any publications related to the work described in the abstract, or in process of publishing, please list them in the acknowledgments section.
- The content of your abstract should relate to your research work and include at least one of the following :
- Description of the research problem you are investigating with justification of its importance and expected contributions of your thesis
- Results so far and their analysis and/or plans for future development
- Outline of prior unsuccessful work with proposed approaches for solution
- Short bio as formated in the IEEE template
The applications will be evaluated and the accepted ones will be given presentation or poster slot. The reviewers will be looking at the quality of the research work and its relevance to the scope of the event and the quality of the Extended Abstract.
When the Selection Committee is allocating presentation or poster slot, the stage of the research will be taken into account.
Key Note Speaker
Information will be announced here soon.
The final program will be defined once the presenters are selected. It will be availabale under the AGENDA section.
Please note that the training sessions are limited to 40 attendees and will be assigned on a first come, first served basis; preference will be given to Presenters and Volunteers.