BSC is committed to transparency and equal opportunities in all its processes. The stages of recruitment:
1. Job Advert
- All new positions have to be advertised on our website: Check the Job Offers List
- Generally, job adverts are published for one month, unless there are other requirements from the recruitment process owner.
- All the applications must be made through the BSC website. Once an application has been made, the applicant will receive an email indicating a reference number and a message saying that he/she will be contacted if his/her profile fits the position.
2. Screening Phase
- The lead recruiter and Human Resources analyse candidate profiles in relation to the requirements stated in the job description, and produce a ranking list.
- Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted to arrange an interview.
3. Interview Phase
- The process usually consists of two interviews. One is conducted by the (research) department in which the position is to be based, and the other by the HR department, except in the case of PhD Studentship vacancies, which follow a different process.
- (Research) Department interview: technical interview and technical test (if required)
- HR interview: competency and attitude-based interview and attitude-based test
- Attitude-based test.
- For strategic positions or PhD studentships, interviews will be organised by recruitment panels. The composition of these panels will depend on the vacancy.
- Women will be present on all recruitment panels. At least 20-25% of panel members must be female.
4. Contract Proposal
- Once we have a final candidate for the position, HR makes a call to the candidate in order to inform him/her of the conditions of the post
- Once HR has done all the necessary checks, a contract proposal is sent to the candidate
- This proposal includes:
- Information about the position offered
- Conditions (annual gross salary, working day, contract modality and duration, holidays).
- Start date
- Once we have the signed document, HR requests the necessary documents for the preparation of a contract, etc.
- Extra calls between HR and the candidate can be scheduled for explanation of and support relating to about tax issues or relocation
5. Unsuccessful applications
- All the candidates who took part in the interview phase will be contacted by phone or e-mail to confirm the outcome of the recruitment process.
- Throughout the recruitment process, candidates are able to contact HR if they want to enquire about the status of the recruitment process.
Diversity and equal opportunities employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
- Recruitment Panels: Women in BSC will be represented in recruitment panels; the minimum proportion is 20-25% of the members of each recruitment panel. The objective is to promote the role of women in Research.
- Career Breaks: In the recruitment and screening charts, maternity breaks should be an extra-punctuation in order to equal the breaks in the women careers.
The applicant database and all applications received through BSC website are managed by the Human Resources team. All information is handled with due confidentiality and only for the purpose mentioned, and will be made available to the members of the recruitment committee in so far as they are necessary for the management of the process.