Why work at BSC

BSC-CNS is an institution of prestige and a scientific leader at national and European level. At BSC-CNS you will have the opportunity to integrate into a team of international scientific reputation.

BSC-CNS offers a future rich in opportunities and growth on both a personal and professional level. BSC-CNS is seeking innovative, dynamic and multipurpose professionals.

Career Development and Training Plan

BCS-CNS has a strong commitment to developing the careers of its staff. The professionals who join the center bring with them a strong commitment to developing an upwardly mobile career path that must be maintained continually over time.

The personnel management system includes an annual performance objective and evaluation system. Under this system, the level of progress to be achieved by the individual in his or her role and at the center will be set periodically, so that a training plan can be matched to the needs of the staff member and of BSC.

The Career Plan that is implemented for staff members is intended to bring each contributor’s aspirations for professional growth into line with the objectives of the center, making it easier to identify training needs and contributing to the development of the center’s annual Training Plan.

BSC-CNS also offers a scholarship program designed to promote and facilitate career-oriented professional development in the field of research for students and young researchers. It combines academic and teaching actions with the support of universities and other international research centers. Programs include:

  • Master in High Performance Computing
  • PhDs in the center’s various fields of knowledge
  • Advanced training: specialized courses and seminars

BSC Perks

  • Restaurant Tickets

    The centre offers all staff Restaurant Tickets for each day worked in the form of a card credited with the total amount allocated for a given period.

    Staff also have access to the university dining rooms on the UPC campus where microwaves are available for use.

  • Private Health Insurance
    The centre offers private healthcare coverage to workers and their families. The BSC-CNS pays 80% of the worker’s contribution and the remaining 20% is deducted from the salary. It is possible to insure family members at a competitive cost.
  • Flexible Compensation Plan
    BSC offers all its employees a Flexible Compensation Plan by allowing them to decide how they want to receive their gross salary: either wholly via the salary payroll, or partially via payroll and partially via products offered by the company such Transport Ticket or Childcare Ticket.
  • Language training
    The BSC-CNS offers all centre personnel opportunities to learn and become fluent in the centre’s official languages of English, Spanish and Catalan.
  • UPC Card
    Under the plan to integrate the research centres linked to the UPC, the university offers BSC-CNS personnel the possibility of having a UPC card. This card allows them to enjoy a variety of benefits, such as access to the university libraries, and to discounts and services offered to members of the campus.
  • Social Activities Plan
    Each year, the BSC-CNS approves and co-finances an activity plan proposed by the staff. The aim is to promote relationships between staff from different departments through their participation in leisure activities outside working hours and therefore foster cohesion among staff and promote the centre’s values.
  • Home Office
    As work-life balance measure and fruit of the centre's equality and diversity plan, BSC offer the possibility to work from home under the conditions established in the center’s policy.
  • Working time flexibility
    A full-time represents 40 working hours a week, 8 hours a day. BSC offers the possibility to start between 8:00 and 10:00 am. For more flexibility, with 30 minutes up to 2 hours lunch break, and leaving accordingly to the entrance and lunck break.
  • BSC facilities and offices
    Cutting edge facilities and a brand new building designed to make you feel more than comfortable during your work day.

See here an example of our Training Sessions: