The Intel-BSC Exascale Lab carries out activities in the following topics:
Programming models: With three major objectives:
- Extension of the OmpSs model and runtime to support dynamic autotuning.
- Extension of the OmpSs model and runtime with resiliency features
- Runtime and architectural support of reductions for OmpSs
- Dynamic load balance for MPI+OmpSs hybrid programs
Performance tools: with two major objectives
- Support power measurements and modeling, including integration between BSC and Intel tools
- Prediction environment to guide the taskification of sequential programs in OmpSs and to estimate the scalability of existing programs
- Large applications: Porting to MPI+OmpSs large scientific codes (i.e. MRGENESIS, WRF, GADGET, GROMACS,…)
- Algorithmic development for exascale. Looking at communication avoiding and asynchronous algorithms implemented in OmpSs.